Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
Working in a reputable organization where I can utilize my skills and expertise for the benefit of the organization and where I can increase my professional growth.
Date of Birth: April 2nd, 1976
Place of Birth: Irbid
Marital Status: Single
- 1999 - 2002: High Diploma in English Language and Literature, Yarmouk University, Irbid – Jordan.
- 1994 – 1998: B.A. in English Language and Literature, Yarmouk University, Irbid – Jordan, with an average of Very Good.
- 1994 High school, Irbid, Jordan.
- November 2012 - present: Blind and low vision manager, First Gulf Company Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Job responsibilities include:
-managing the projects that the company is deploying
- communicate with partner’s and suppliers. Some of those companies that I have closely worked with are: Altex, Poland (universal access), Acapella, Belgium (screen reader / speech), Freedom scientific, United states (various assistive products).
-building and maintaining the company’s website at www.fgcaccess.com
-Providing technical support and training for the company’s clients.
-Beta testing new software.
-Working with various global partners to localize hardware and software.
- July 2010 –may 2012: technical support manager, Medialog Accessibilities, France.
- Feb 2009 – July 2010: Technical support for Bassam group, Saudi Arabia. During that time I worked for King Saud university in Riyadh to fulfill a training and operations project with them.
- June 2006 –Feb. 2009: Worked as Training Executive & Technical Support Person for Nattiq Technologies, Sharja – UAE.
My job responsibilities include:
- Providing training on various assistive hardware and software products to both end-users and trainers.
- Providing technical support by phone and email.
- Building, administering, and maintaining the company's web portal (www.nattiq.com).
- Working with the company's partners to test and track software bugs.
- 2005 – 2006: Worked as IT Manager at Friendship Association of the Blind (FAB).
My job responsibilities included:
- Building and maintaining the association's website (www.fabjo.org).
- Establishing the association's training lab.
- Various interpretation and translation jobs.
- 2004 – 2005: Beta testing the Arabic version of Jaws for Windows for Medialog, Lebanon.
- 1999 –2005: Working for the Ministry of Education as a teacher of English for both sighted and blind schools.
Training Courses & Activities:
- 2004: Attended a course in Advanced Scripting for Jaws for Windows in Beirut, Lebanon.
- December 2007: Participated in a workshop about Inclusive Education in Amman.
- November 2007: Participated in a workshop about the Placement & Employment of the Visually Impaired in India.
- March 2015: participated in the conference on persons with disabilities and technology in San Diego California.
- May 2016: SightCity, Frankfort, Germany.
- High proficiency in using and troubleshooting most screen-readers and specialized software.
- Using, administering, and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems.
- Using, administering, and troubleshooting Mac OS.
- Beta testing IOS versions since v4
- High proficiency in using Linux-based computers.
- Administering and maintaining web, FTP, and email servers.
- Building web applications.
- Participating in Open Source projects, such as Drupal and NVDA.
- General networking skills.
- Built administered and designed Blindtec.net, the biggest Arab community website for the technology of people who are blind.
- Built and administer Acarbooks.org, a library that provides books in alternative formats for people who are blind.
- English: Spoken and written fluently.
- Arabic: Spoken and written fluently.
- Hard worker
- Quick learner
- Innovative and creative
- A good team member
- Ability to work under pressure